- Poet's Obligation by Pablo Neruda
- Poetry by Pablo Neruda
- Poets At Seven Years by Arthur Rimbaud
- The Seven Year Old Poet by Arthur Rimbaud
- To The Poet On The Subject Of Flowers by Arthur Rimbaud
- What One Says To The Poet On The Subject Of Flowers by Arthur Rimbaud
I wrote some of the worst poetry west from the Mississippi River, but I wrote. And I finally sometimes got it right.
Poetry is a way of living...a human activity like baking bread or playing basketball.
A poet needs to keep his wilderness alive inside him. To remain a poet after forty requires an awareness of your darkest Africa, that part of yourself that will never be tamed.
You must be careful not to deprive the poem of its wild origin.